It’s a question that many people ask themselves when they hear crickets in their homes. The answer is simple: if you’re living in Kuala Lumpur, the crickets are most likely coming from your roof. This can be frustrating because it seems like no matter how much you clean or sweeps your floors, these pesky insects keep finding their way back! In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the common causes of cricket infestation and show you how to get rid of them for good.
PS: Do you need help in removing crickets in your home? If so, call us today! Our pest control experts from Kuala Lumpur will provide services that are tailored just for you.
Types of Crickets That Enter Houses
There are four types of crickets that enter houses, and each has its own identification. Here are the four types of crickets:
This cricket is usually found near fields, gardens, and other outdoor areas. They are brown or black in color and have long bodies. These types of crickets usually don’t survive long indoors, especially when cold months come.
But once they come inside your home, they will feed on your fabrics. Moreso, if your fabrics have been in contact with food and moisture, it is more likely that they will stay indoors as long as they can.
This cricket is usually found in moist soil. They are brown or black and have short, stout bodies. These types of crickets can burrow underground, and they often invade homes through cracks in the foundation or at the base of walls. Once they’re indoors, they’ll feed on insects, plants, and even stored food items.
The most common type of cricket that invades homes is house cricket. These crickets are small (about 0.75 inches long), light brown to tan in color, with two dark bands on their head.
House crickets usually come into your home through open windows and doors, as well as through plumbing and electrical lines. They like to feed on cereals, flour, fruits, and other stored food items.
This cricket is also known as spider cricket because of its appearance. They are light brown to black in color and have long legs. Camel crickets usually live outdoors in areas such as gardens, under rocks, and in mulch. However, they can also enter your home through open windows or doors.
Why Do Crickets Get Inside Your Home?
There are a few reasons why crickets get inside your home:
- They’re looking for food – Crickets are attracted to light, and they will enter your home searching for food. Once they find a good food source, they will stay as long as they can.
- They’re looking for shelter – As the weather starts to get colder, crickets will look for a place to hibernate. If your home is warm and has plenty of hiding places, they will most likely make it their new home.
- They’ve been displaced – If you have a cricket infestation in your outdoor area, the crickets may eventually find their way into your home.
Where Do They Hide in Your House?
Once crickets get into your home, they will hide in dark and moist places. Here are some of the most common places where they can be found:
- Under furniture – Crickets like to hide under couches, beds, and other pieces of furniture.
- In closets – Closets provide a lot of darkness and moisture, making them the perfect place for crickets to hide.
- In bathrooms – Cricket infestations often start in bathrooms because these rooms have high moisture levels.
- In kitchens – Like bathrooms, kitchens have a lot of moisture which makes them an attractive place for crickets to live.
How to Get Rid of Crickets
There are a few ways to get rid of crickets in your house. You can use a cricket catcher, or you can use a bug spray. If you have pets, make sure that the bug spray is pet-friendly.
Another way to get rid of crickets is to use a vacuum cleaner. Make sure that the vacuum cleaner has a hose attachment, and suck up the crickets.
Lastly, the best way to get rid of these pests is to hire professionals. They will use a variety of methods to get rid of the crickets, such as using bait, traps, and pesticides. In addition, they have the right equipment and knowledge in dealing with crickets to ensure you and your family are safe.
As you can see, there are a few reasons why crickets get into your home and several ways to get rid of them. If you’re having a cricket infestation, be sure to take action quickly before they can cause further damage. We hope this article was helpful and provided you with the information you need to protect your home.
Business Name: Empire Pest Control Kuala Lumpur
Phone Number: 0333851981
Address: D-05-03, 45, Jalan Burung Belatuk, Taman Bukit Maluri, 52100 Kepong, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur