“Don’t let the bed bugs bite!”
From the name itself, bed bugs are known for their habit of taking refuge in beds and feeding on humans while they sleep thru biting. They are also called hitchhikers because they may enter your home undetected by latching to your luggage, suitcases, clothing, and linens. They are tiny intruders who are most active during the nighttime. They suck blood from their hosts like humans and pets. Their bites on your body can be small and unnoticeable. But it can be itchy, it can swell, and may cause redness on your skin.
When you suspect that bed bugs already invaded your home, it is best to consult with a pest control treatments in Puchong for bed bugs problems. Meanwhile, you can follow the list of what you should do and what you should not do when dealing with bed bugs.
What you should NOT DO When Dealing With Bed Bugs:
- Avoid freaking out! Do not throw your mattress, pillows, box spring, this may spread the bed bugs all over your house if precautions are not done properly. There are lots of ways on how to get rid of bed bugs.
- Never use foggers. It can make the bed bug’s infestation worse. Foggers release insecticides that land on different surfaces. The mist released by these items just does not reach the places where bed bugs hide. This only makes them spread into your room.
- Don’t abandon your bed and room. If you are thinking that bed bugs may starve to death immediately, you are wrong. They can live for many months without their host. Also, they can still follow and hunt you.
- You should not move your things from the infested room to another room, this will spread the bed bugs.
- Hold your wallet and don’t buy new furniture for the room. This will only become a new hideout for the bed bugs.
- Don’t spray or use pesticides on your mattress and pillows. This may cause problems to your health when you sleep on it.
- How Integrated Pest Management Can Benefit Your Business in Puchong
- Why Shouldn’t You Do Your Own Pest Control?
What you should DO When Dealing With Bed Bugs:
- Call and work with a pest control specialist to make sure that the bed bugs issue is being addressed as soon as possible. Just one female bed bug can lay more than 300 eggs in her lifetime, about 5 a day. After some time, an infestation can become a very big problem.
- It is better if you can capture a bed bug in your room and keep it in a sealed container. Show the sample to the experts to know if it is a real bed bug or other insects.
- Use your vacuum cleaner regularly. Vacuum your beds, pillows, carpets, and all the furniture in the infested area. After cleaning, directly throw the vacuum bag in the external garbage bin.
- Reduce clutter and organize your things. Bed bugs hide and live in clutter. If infested furniture or bedding needs to be disposed of, wrap these items in plastic before removing them from your home.
- This will also help our pest experts to inspect and eliminate those bed bugs.
- Wash all the infested clothes and fabric with the hottest water possible. And use a hot dryer to dry them for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Keep your possessions in their original place to avoid spreading the infestation. Remember that bed bugs are tiny active creatures that can quickly transfer from one place to another.
- Limit or avoid visitors when there are still bed bugs in your home. Visitors can be a source of additional bed bugs in your home, or it will be the start of bed bugs infestation when in their home.
Observing these protocols in your home may greatly avoid the spreading of bed bugs in your Puchong home. Always remember that knowing the right thing to do will avoid the situation from getting worse.